WABA and the WABR Register will process your personal data in compliance with local data regulations (for example EU Regulation 2016/679 -hereafter GDPR-), exclusively for the purposes contained in the WABA Statutes, for the management of the associative / institutional / training relationship and in particular for:
– correspondence, traceability of members / students (and convocation to assemblies)
– payment of membership fees / quotas for ordinary and extraordinary activities
– fulfilment of legal obligations
– sending the information necessary for the performance of the requested social /
The data processing could also be carried out and the data kept by authorized agents. The data will not be disclosed to other third parties or disseminated.
The indication of name, surname, e-mail and country is necessary for the management of the associative / institutional relationship and for the fulfilment of legal obligations. The provision of other data is optional.
The data collected will be kept at the headquarter of the WABR Registry on a safe server by the manager, Ms. Pavana Dull. at the following registered address:
1154 Spruce St Berkley, CA 94707, United States,
Rights of the interested party
As an interested party, you are guaranteed all the rights to access, rectification, cancellation, limitation and opposition to the processing of data, to revoke the consent (if given) to the processing (without prejudice to the lawfulness of the treatment based on the consent acquired before the revocation), and eventually to lodge a complaint with the Guarantor for the protection of personal data.
The exercise of the rights can be exercised through written communication to be sent to the email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by registered letter with return receipt to the headquarters of the WABAR Registry.
Duration of data retention
The data will be kept for the duration of affiliation to WABA Association and/or the
International data controller/processor
Worldwide Aquatic Bodywork Registry WABR as data co-owner in behalf of WABA Worldwide Aquatic Bodywork Association, 1154 Spruce St Berkley, CA 94707, United States e-mail: email@example.com. Further below indicated as Owner.
Mode and place of processing the Data
Methods of processing
The WABR Owner takes appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of the Data.
The Data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT enabled tools, following
organizational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. In addition to the co-owners, in some cases, the Data may be accessible to certain types of
persons in charge, involved with the operation of the Association (administration, sales
from Registry and Association of related media and gadgets, legal institutional reasons, system administration) appointed, if necessary, as Local Data Processors by the Owner.
The updated list of these parties may be requested from the Owner at any time.
Legal basis of processing
The Owner may process Personal Data relating to Users if one of the following applies:
- Users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes. Note: Under some legislations the Owner may be allowed to process Personal Data until the
User objects to such processing (“opt-out”), without having to rely on consent or
any other of the following legal bases. This, however, does not apply, whenever the processing of Personal Data is subject to European data protection law;
- provision of Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the User
and/or for any pre-contractual obligations connected to the association tasks as described above, thereof;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the
Owner is subject.
- processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Owner.
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the
Owner or by a third party.
In any case, the Owner will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of Personal Data is a statutory or
contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract or member
The Data is processed at the Owner’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located.
Depending on the User’s location, data transfers may involve transferring the User’s Data to a country other than their own. To find out more about the place of processing of such transferred Data, Users can check the above section.
Users are also entitled to learn about the legal basis of Data transfers to a country outside the European Union or to any international organization governed by public
international law or set up by two or more countries, such as the UN, and about the
security measures taken by the Owner to safeguard their Data.
Personal Data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for.
- Personal Data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between the Owner and the User shall be retained until such contract has been
- Personal Data collected for the purposes of the Co-Owner’s legitimate interests
shall be retained as long as needed to fulfil such purposes. Users may find specific information regarding the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner
within the relevant sections of this document or by contacting the Owner.
The Owner may be allowed to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever the
User has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. Furthermore, the Owner may be obliged to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
Once the retention period expires, Personal Data shall be deleted. Therefore, the right of access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
The rights of Users
Users may exercise certain rights regarding their Data processed by the Owner. In particular, Users have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their
- Object to processing of their Data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than
consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below.
- Access their Data. Users have the right to learn if Data is being processed by the
Owner, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of
their Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their Data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data. In this case, the Owner will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Data from the Owner.
- Receive their Data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another
controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the
Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the
User’s consent, on a contract which the User is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
Details about the right to object to processing
Where Personal Data is processed for a public interest, in the exercise of an official authority vested in the Owner or for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by
the Owner, Users may object to such processing by providing a ground related to their
particular situation to justify the objection.
Users must know that, however, should their Personal Data be processed for direct marketing purposes, they can object to that processing at any time without providing any justification. In any case the Co-Owner’s are not processing Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, Users may refer to the relevant sections of this document. How to exercise these rights
Any requests to exercise User rights can be directed to the Owner through the contact details provided in this document. These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by the Owner as early as possible and always within one month. Additional information about Data collection and processing
The User’s Personal Data may be used for legal purposes by the Owner in Court or in the stages leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of this Website or
the related Services.
The User declares to be aware that the Owner may be required to reveal personal data upon request of public authorities.
Additional information about User’s Personal Data
For operation and maintenance purposes, this Application and any third-party services may collect files that record interaction with this Application (System logs) use other
Personal Data (such as the IP Address) for this purpose.
Information not contained in this policy
More details concerning the collection or processing of Personal Data may be requested from the Owner at any time. Please see the contact information at the beginning of this
technically and legally feasible – sending a notice to Users via any contact information available to the Owner. It is strongly recommended to check this page often, referring to the date of the last modification listed at the bottom.
Should the changes affect processing activities performed on the basis of the User’s
consent, the Owner shall collect new consent from the User, where required.